visa uk

We specialise in all areas of UK immigration

Book your Free Consultation Now!

Request your FREE Consultation with our expert lawyers.

Spouse/Partner Visa UK

This visa provides an opportunity for non-British partners to live and work in the UK. You can apply for this family visa if you are the husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner (living together in a relationship for at least 2 years) , fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner (will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving)of a specified partner (see below) Some of the requirements are terribly restrictive, for example, applicants must meet a significant minimum income/finance threshold, which has been subject to fierce legal battles and criticism from family groups.

Our team provides expert legal advice and representation to those who are applying for a UK family visa as a partner or spouse, and we have a strong track record of successful applications.


UK Spouse Visa Minimum Requirements & Guidelines:

To apply as a partner, you and your partner both need to be 18 or over.

Your partner must also either:

  • be a British citizen.
  • have settled in the UK (they have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or proof of permanent residence).
  • have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK.

You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply.

You also need to prove you:

  • have a good knowledge of English
  • you meet the spouse visa UK financial requirements to prove you can financially support yourself and your dependents. This is (£18,600).

Book an Appointment

Free Initial Consultation

Competitive Pricing

Competitive fee Structure

Top Immigration Solicitors in London


Why Trust Farani Taylor Solicitors ?

Our families are so important and at Farani Taylor we understand the necessity of bringing them together. If your spouse or family member is residing abroad, they need to obtain ‘leave to enter’ before they can travel to the UK. In enlisting the support of an immigration solicitor, you can be sure your application accurately represents the situation, allowing your family time to prepare for their journey to the UK rather than concerning themselves with the legalities of the process. Our bilingual immigration solicitors provide you and your family with a professional channel that enables you to comprehensively understand the application process, with the comfort and knowledge that you are supported and protected by our multidisciplinary team.

Achieving the Best Outcome for You


“ My solicitor, Shahzad Saeed, is the best. I, finally after long legal battle with Home Office, got my and my family’s visa can’t express my feelings in words he was very helpful and approachable with in depth legal wisdom, he knows his stuff, I will definitely recommend Shahzad Saeed. ”


“ I am writing … to express my appreciation and thanks with the way in which Shazad Saeed from Farani Taylor Solicitors dealt with my wife’s FLRm case. He and his team were extremely professional, knowledgeable and polite and made the whole process stress free from start to finish, which ultimately lead to her case being accepted. Would highly recommend this fantastic firm and solicitor. ”


“ Farani Taylor solicitors helped me out from difficult immigration case. Especially, Soneela and her team played a significant roles to sort it out to get spouse visa in uk. Fully satisfied and great immigration services based in London . Highly recommend. ”!”


A Spouse Visa or Spouse Entry Clearance permits a married couple living outside the UK to immigrate and reside in the UK with their partner (husband/wife) who has UK citizenship or indefinite leave to remain (ILR). Even if you are a non-EU citizen, you can apply for a Spouse Visa if you want to live with your partner permanently and meet the Home Office Immigration requirements.

You are eligible to apply as sponsor if you:

  • either have a British citizenship
  • are settled in the UK – have indefinite leave to remain (ILR), settled status, or proof of permanent residence
  • have an ‘adequate accommodation’
  • have a refugee status or humanitarian protection
  • you meet the financial requirements
  • More importantly, your non-British Citizen partner must agree to live with you permanently in the U.K.

The British Home Office generally requires that the sponsor and the partner have met at least once during their marriage in order to support the Spouse Visa application. It’s to demonstrate that they’ve spent enough time together and that their relationship is real.

Any of the following sources can be used by the sponsor and partner to meet their financial needs:

  • Employment salary
  • Self-Employment
  • Income from letting (if applicable)
  • Savings (up to £16,000) retained for a minimum of 6 months by you and your partner

Please note that per dependent, the spouse visa income threshold (£18,600) will exceed in the following manner.

  • £18,600; plus
  • A first child (non-British, settled, or EEA national) is £3,800 plus additional costs.
  • Each additional child is £2,400. (Non- British, settled, or an EEA national)
  • As a result, if you have a child, your financial threshold will increase to £22,400.

Yes, a Spouse Visa’s initial validity is usually up to 33 months. You must request for an extension when your current one expires.

You can apply 28 days before your current visa expires. All other requirements, such as accommodation, financial capability, and a real relationship, will remain the same as they were when the Spouse visa was first applied for. At this stage, however, advanced level (CEFR-A-2) English language proficiency will be required.

In general, the following documents must be provided in support of your Partner Visa application:

  • Evidence of ‘Genuine Relationship’ document
  • Evidence of original/certified copy of Marriage Certificate
  • Proof of English language proficiency
  • Evidence of Financial income
  • Proof of living arrangements/accommodation
  • TB test for entry clearance (if applicable)
  • Any other documents that can demonstrate that you and your partner are in a genuine relationship must also be provided.

Home Office currently states that most applications are decided within 12 weeks. Applicants have the option of choosing Priority processing service, that puts their application ahead in the queue.

Applicants who would like to extend their spouse visa from within the UK can also opt for same-day processing by paying a premium fee.

If your spouse visa application is rejected, you can appeal against the Home Office decision. This is a long-winded and challenging process that is best assisted by an immigration adviser.

Book Your FREE Consultation Now!

The firm is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority ID: 560013 – All rights reserved.

Book Your Free Consultation