Temporary Workers

If you are looking to work in the UK temporarily then you need to apply for this route.

Tier 5 is for people travelling to the UK to work temporarily under a Temporary Worker visa  or the Youth Mobility Scheme.

The visa duration is 12 months and up to 24 months. The various categories under this route are:-

  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Charity Worker) visa. This category is for overseas national wanting to undertake unpaid voluntary work for a registered charity in the UK.
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Creative and sporting) visa:
    • Sportspersons need to make a significant contribution to their field of sport at the highest level to be eligible.
    • Creative workers must make a unique contribution to the UK labour market – this includes models, musician, actors and actresses in film, television and theatre.
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Exchange) visa. For those who wish to undertake a period of paid work experience such as an internship.  
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – International Agreement) visa. This category is for those contracted to do work covered by international law while in the UK, for example working for a foreign government or as a private servant in a diplomatic household.
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Religious Worker) visa.  For persons wanting to come to the UK for religious work, such as preaching or working in a religious order in the UK.
  • Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa. Formerly known as the Worker Holidaymaker route. The route permits persons from Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea and Taiwan, as well as British Overseas Territories Citizens or British Nationals (overseas) who are aged 18-30 to experience life in the UK for a period of up to two years.

Key Contacts

If you are looking for help and guidance or have a question relating to Temporary Workers, please contact us today on +44 (0)20 7242 1666.